As we enter the busy holiday season, consider these holiday crime prevention tips!
- When shopping, park in a well lit and well traveled area. As always, be aware of your surroundings.
- When you return to your vehicle, make sure that are no signs of forced entry. During the holiday season, criminals know that vehicles are filled with gifts and purchases as shoppers make their way from store to store.
- When storing items purchased from stores, place them out of sight. The best place is in the trunk.
- Do not leave your purse, cell phone, or wallet in plain view as those all make for an easy target.
- If you go to an ATM, check your surroundings before withdrawing cash.